sketches

sketches

Search This Blog

5 Jun 2013

The V&A awards





 As promised here are the photos (not very many, I had quite a lot of champagne so forgot) from the V&A award ceremony that took place on monday night at the museum.

Unfortunately I didn't win but some of the other winners had some really good work, heres a link to the artworks that were shortlisted as well as the winners:

http://www.vam.ac.uk/b/villa-2013/book-illustrations


In the above photo are (from left to right) Ness Wood who helped design When it Snows, Alexis Deacon, illustrator who was shortlisted as well for his work on 'Soonchild' (very cool cover), me, & my publisher David Fickling.


Above is the same photo, except Ness has been replaced by my girlfriend Kim, & by the look on my face I've probably drank a bit more champagne.

Above is a photo of an artwork shortlisted shortlisted for the best book cover award. This cover is part of a series of 007 covers re-issued by vintage. They all look amazing so not surprised one got nominated.

And here is the only photo I managed to get of the ceremony - The awards looked cool from 5 metres away... oh well, next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment