sketches

sketches

Search This Blog

Loading...

31 May 2013

The Boy With Two Heads by Andy Mulligan

© richard collingridge 2008-13

Above is the cover art I've done for (award winning & best selling author) Andy Mulligans new novel: The Boy With Two Heads published by David Fickling Books. 

Enjoyed designing and going through the whole process with this cover, as its not how I generally illustrate book covers, but we all felt the original concept was strong and DFB were happy to take the risk. I think the final artwork (while not quite as aesthetically pleasing as the artwork I did a while back for Keras) is very striking, which in turn should help it fly off shelves across the country!


I was especially pleased with the font, which co-incidentally was my favourite bit of the last cover I did for Andy Mulligan (Trash). Below is another idea I had for the cover which I thought was quite cool, Has narrative links to the story)


© richard collingridge 2008-13


Anyway, quickly back to the story. The Boy With Two Heads by Andy Mulligan (Author of award winning, and soon to be blockbuster movie Trash) Is about a boy called Richard (cool name ;) ), who sprouts a second head from his shoulders. The story continues in a quite dark, sometimes humorous way some bits quite hard to take while Richards two heads are vying for philosophical control, then turns into something quite uplifting (literally)... I was humming the theme tune to ET at the climax of this book!

The book is released next week, and should be in most book shops. You can pre-order it from amazon uk if you want??

4 comments:

  1. When I saw the first cover I must admit I was a little surprised but I think it will catch the eye.Another great illustration.Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again, hope so! think the physical book does more justice than the image on the blog!

      Delete
  2. Such an awesome cover! A little bit creepy, but in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Jo, I suppose the book is a little bit creepy (in a good way!) as well?!

      Delete

Loading...